Where Leaders Meet to Unlock BC’s Full Potential
The Business Council of British Columbia, entering its 53rd year as the premier business association in British Columbia, is a non-partisan organization made up of over 250 leading employers, companies, post-secondary institutions and industry organizations from across BC’s diverse economy. The Council is a sought after voice providing timely and exceptional public-policy research and advocacy on issues that enhance BC’s competitiveness and prosperity.
The Council is a place for collaboration, bringing together business, government, First Nations, academics and community leaders to seek solutions and act on opportunity presented by the issues that impact our economy. In addition to having an incomparable public policy team, we integrate the market knowledge and operational expertise from our members to ensure our work is credible, timely and relevant. Members gain access to economic research and policy analyses from some of the province’s top thinkers, as well as opportunities to share their insights with key decision makers from all levels of government and industry at an early stage in their evolution and development.
Be it intimate roundtables, committee work, or forums and conferences, the table at the Business Council is comprised of the province’s senior business leadership engaging in the issues that serve to grow employment and enhance the province’s economic competitiveness and investment climate with provincial and federal government decision makers.
We are the place where leaders meet to unlock BC’s full potential.
AREAS OF FOCUS
The Business Council is focused on the following key themes to advance British Columbia’s economic prosperity and competitiveness:
- Building a competitive and coordinated economic and fiscal policy framework that supports investment and an efficient operational climate.
- Providing for sustainable use and clarity of access to the land base, which includes creating transparent and respectful opportunities and partnerships with First Nations.
- Ensuring efficient and transparent environmental and energy policies that maximize the development, operations and transportation benefits of our resource assets and industrial activity balanced with regulatory protection that assures our air, land and water quality for future generations.
- Encouraging high growth businesses and high paying jobs through new policy approaches to innovation and increased productivity.
- Attracting, developing and retaining global talent and developing a domestic labour force with appropriate skills and education to compete and meet the needs of growing industries and new opportunities.
We encourage you to explore our website for more information including details on our Executive Committee and Board of Governors, our committee work, publications, special initiatives and upcoming public events.
You can also download: